Site Status & Donations (Updated 2011)

News and updates regarding DNO, and our members. General area for club announcements.
dawm
Administrator
Administrator

Site Status & Donations (Updated 2011)

Post by dawm » Sat Oct 23, 2010 7:20 pm

I know some people mentioned donating to the site in the past, the server DNO is hosted off of is up for its 2 yr 1 yr renewal in December. Now understand I run other sites off my server but DNO is one that gets alot of activity (From December 1st thru the 20th, 2010; DNO used 1.24GB of traffic out of 1.28GB), I'm not asking for you to pay my bills but if you wish to donate you're welcome to do so.

Any donations will be used strictly for server/domain fees. And if you want I will even list who donated (and optionally the amount) and the running total of donations & site expenses. Donators will receive a special tag/sticker on their profile them as a 'Site Supporter' and I can also remove some account limits or give ya a custom title if you wish (or something of this nature).

You can send donations via paypal by clicking here >> DONATE <<, or if you want to in person please PM me.

If you would like to remain anonymous also let me know, also if you want amount of your donation to appear please let me know. As of right now I'm automatically adding you to the Site Supporter group, and keeping donation amounts private.

Donators are also welcome to a DNO sticker of their choice (Sample below)
Current colors on hand: White, Black, Red, Blue, Pink, Dark Purple,'Lemon' Yellow, Silver (Metallic), and Gold (Metallic).

2010 Donators/Donations so far ($115.60):
Sam (dodgeshadowchik)
Marc (Wazzy-560)
Paul (The01NeoN)
Geoff (ZippyR/T)
Eric (Eric12775)

2011 Donators/Donations so far ($0.00):

04 Dodge Neon 2.4L - Going full SRT swap (project)
12 Subaru WRX Hatchback - Stage 1 (daily driver)
98 Neon R/T Coupe 2.4L - Going NA w/ ITBs (project)
02 Neon R/T - 08/08/08 traded for the Caliber (which was traded for the STI 03/14/11)

dodgeshadowchik
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Re: Site Donations

Post by dodgeshadowchik » Sat Oct 23, 2010 7:34 pm

I would be interested in how much it cost to run the site.
[img]http://i12.photobucket.com/albums/a206/dodgeshadowchik/sig1copy1-1.jpg[/img]
1989 Shelby CSX-VNT
1995 Eagle Talon TSi - AWD is fun! www.midsm.com for all your MI DSM needs!
"I heard that if you get an Eclipse instead of a Talon you can make 594 more hp and 3lb-ft of torque because of the JDM stuff. " -Mazda787b

dawm
Administrator
Administrator

Post by dawm » Sat Oct 23, 2010 7:55 pm

dodgeshadowchik wrote:I would be interested in how much it cost to run the site.
When bought in 2 year intervals it comes out to $214.80 (which is $8.95/month) for the server, domain renewal is about $15/yr without any discounts (right now its on sale, $9.88/yr to renew), DNO's domain registration is paid up until 8/5/2013

Since I took over DNO in August, the current cost to date (August to October) would be:
3 months hosting @ $8.95
2 additional years domain registration @ $15.34 (was on sale, normally would have been $30~)
Total: $42.19
02 Neon R/T - 08/08/08 traded for the Caliber (which was traded for the STI 03/14/11)

Wazzy-560
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Post by Wazzy-560 » Sat Oct 23, 2010 8:03 pm

I donated, now can I know what Wheel bearings I need for the DSS hubs? 01's or 02's?

Also I know I shouldn't change my name again but would u be able to change it to Wazzy-560?
Marc #560
'Have you seen my threads?'

Eric12775
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Post by Eric12775 » Sat Oct 23, 2010 8:17 pm

Can I make a suggestion of asking certain race track member from a city called Milan to pay a fee for advertising on this site? I havent seen any other posts that arent a advertisement of an upcoming event. Maybe putting a freeze on the account until a decision is made?
A bad day racing is better then a good day working
"Just another non Neon owning DNO'er"

dawm
Administrator
Administrator

Post by dawm » Sat Oct 23, 2010 8:18 pm

Wazzy-560 wrote:I donated, now can I know what Wheel bearings I need for the DSS hubs? 01's or 02's?

Also I know I shouldn't change my name again but would u be able to change it to Wazzy-560?
A quick search over on .org resulted in numerous possibilities heh..

Some say use a 87 Shadow bearing, some say they've used a 1st gen bearing. I guess its all dependant on when they were produced as DSS has changed things a bit, the older ones could use 1g bearings with no problem, but the newer ones use 2g bearings.

http://forums.neons.org/viewtopic.php?f=48&t=297430
http://forums.neons.org/viewtopic.php?f=48&t=320232

Eric12775 wrote:Can I make a suggestion of asking certain race track member from a city called Milan to pay a fee for advertising on this site? I havent seen any other posts that arent a advertisement of an upcoming event. Maybe putting a freeze on the account until a decision is made?
I'll take a look into this.

Wazzy-560
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Post by Wazzy-560 » Sat Oct 23, 2010 8:33 pm

lol thanks dawm. Wasn't sure if you new what dss hubs CJ had or not, newer or older.

edit: after reading those post sounds like going to going have to just try 1st gens or 2nd gens. sounds like 2nd gens will work no matter what just may stick out. probably what I'll try.
Marc #560

The01NeoN
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Post by The01NeoN » Sun Oct 24, 2010 12:20 pm

Donated. I don't know you personally Dawm, but I appreciate what you've done for the site!! +1 to you sir.
01 SRT-4

fastgirlonwheels
Broke 500
Broke 500

Post by fastgirlonwheels » Mon Oct 25, 2010 1:00 am

dawm wrote:I know some people mentioned donating to the site in the past, the server DNO is hosted off of is up for its 2 yr renewal in December. Now understand I run other sites off my server but DNO is one that gets alot of activity, I'm not asking for you to pay my bills but if you wish to donate you're welcome to do so.

Any donations will be used strictly for server/domain fees. And if you want I will even list who donated (and optionally the amount) and the running total of donations & site expenses. Donators will receive a special tag/sticker on their profile them as a 'Site Supporter' and I can also remove some account limits or give ya a custom title if you wish (or something of this nature).

You can send donations via paypal by clicking here >> DONATE <<, or if you want to in person please PM me.

If you would like to remain anonymous also let me know, also if you want amount of your donation to appear please let me know. As of right now I'm automatically adding you to the Site Supporter group, and keeping donation amounts private.

Donators/Donations so far ($75.60):
Sam (dodgeshadowchik)
Marc (Wazzy-560)
Paul (The01NeoN)
I will very much appreciate being one to make a donation to you for your efforts here. It is also very interesting how a site is "connected" to domains and servers and all of that. At one time "members" paid a membership to be on the DNO and belong. I will have to toss some money at you very soon, so check your PM.

Maybe it would be a good idea to either have a membership fee and in some way give "paid members" a DNO sticker and access to the "anything goes" for paid members only. At times "free things" are not as appreciated as something you had to spend money on in life. The DNO is still a very good place for everyone to share information and buy things and to get together. As it is, the majority of us can trust each other in what business we do, get along fairly well, and can enjoy the entire experience.

We are all thankful to everyone from day one that has been involved with running the DNO site, Greg, DB, Joe, and all everyone else. It is really great that you have been able to run things now for us.
I will always think of goodness and kindness when I think of Dan, as known as GEEZER to all of us. You will never find a more giving friend. Helen Cooper

SRT_inc
Post Monster
Post Monster

Post by SRT_inc » Mon Oct 25, 2010 10:20 pm

I'm happy the site is back thriving again but imo at this time if there was a membership fee it would probably kill what seems to be a resurging community; benefits for supporters is a good idea but a mandatory fee I'm sure the masses will not enjoy. i plan to donate when i have even $5 to allocate but right now that's how tight my book is and I'm sure there is more than just I in the same boat (especially considering we're in MI)
[img]http://img47.imageshack.us/img47/2600/srtsigid8.gif[/img]
[b]2005 Stone White SRT-4 ACR[/b]
[b]2002 Silver Dakota[/b] [size=75]Daily Driver[/size]
[color=blue][size=75][b][i]LIFE'S SHORT, JUST DRIVE[/i][/b][/size][/color]

BIGRAM
Broke 1000
Broke 1000

Post by BIGRAM » Wed Oct 27, 2010 2:02 am

Well I hate pay pal and much rather meet up n hand you the cash n shake your hand. So figure out a good time. Also the dno sticker for donating idea would be cool.
[img]http://i132.photobucket.com/albums/q1/bigram_01/BigRamSigFinished.png[/img]

Wazzy-560
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Post by Wazzy-560 » Wed Oct 27, 2010 6:36 am

DNO Supporter, sticker and leave all access free to public.
Marc #560

dawm
Administrator
Administrator

Post by dawm » Mon Dec 20, 2010 6:47 pm

Just renewed the hosting for another year. This site isn't going no where :)

dawm
Administrator
Administrator

Re: Site Status & Donations (Updated 2011)

Post by dawm » Mon Dec 05, 2011 6:03 pm

Almost forgot this was coming up. Donate if you can :)

Anyways, donators can also get a free DNO sticker of their choice (Previous donators if you want one just let me know)

Eric12775
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Re: Site Status & Donations (Updated 2011)

Post by Eric12775 » Wed Apr 03, 2013 6:35 am

Whats the status of money to run this site? Are you pulling out of your own pocket yet?
A bad day racing is better then a good day working
"Just another non Neon owning DNO'er"