04 R/T motor/trans swap into 05 SXT?

Post your technical questions here. If you have a FAQ or a How-to, please let us know so that we can sticky or archive it.
04neonrtguy
Broke 100
Broke 100

04 R/T motor/trans swap into 05 SXT?

Post by 04neonrtguy » Tue Sep 30, 2014 4:09 pm

So I found a decent 05 SXT/SE shell for a decent price. Realistically, what are some of the problem area(s) that I'm going to run into? First of all i'm converting the automatic to the manual transmission. Is there anything goofy I might have to do such as switch the center consoles in order for the SRT short throw shifter to drop in? Figured putting the clutch on the floor is as easy as swapping pedal assemblies out but then again I have no idea what I'm getting myself into here. I don't want to do this if a driveway and a couple days of work isn't going to cut it. I have PDF for the R/T, I just want to pluck the R/T motor w/ transmission and hopefully "drop it in the SXT". I can't picture paying a shop more than i'm paying for the shell just to swap the motors. No bueno. Any ideas are greatly appreciated, It's time to get this project started before winter hits in MI. PLEASE HELP.... :D :roll:
71 Challenger R/T
04 Neon R/T

dawm
Administrator
Administrator

Re: 04 R/T motor/trans swap into 05 SXT?

Post by dawm » Mon Oct 13, 2014 8:14 pm

Straight swap. Chassis is the same. Just swap engine/trans&wiring.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk
04 Dodge Neon 2.4L - Going full SRT swap (project)
12 Subaru WRX Hatchback - Stage 1 (daily driver)
98 Neon R/T Coupe 2.4L - Going NA w/ ITBs (project)
02 Neon R/T - 08/08/08 traded for the Caliber (which was traded for the STI 03/14/11)