Detroit Neon Owners - SYSTEM SHUT DOWN 8/22

Old posts that are no longer relavant but kept just in case. This forum is locked.
Themicles
Broke 500
Broke 500

Post by Themicles » Tue Aug 17, 2010 5:27 pm

SRT_inc wrote:themicles just transfer it all to a new board and be the new admin haha, i don't think theres any TM infringing but whoever made the logo probably wants to keep it.
If you don't like the admins here, you wouldn't like me as an admin either. I don't put up with the same kind of crap happening on the forums I do run. Further, I'm much more thorough in my bannings and making sure that when I ban someone, they stay gone. That said, I would consider it if there was a real interest.
Red 97 SOHC Sedan - Officially became 'the parts car' 2013-6-9
Black 95 DOHC Coupe - Running well...

SRT_inc
Post Monster
Post Monster

Post by SRT_inc » Tue Aug 17, 2010 5:32 pm

i've personally never had a problem with the admins here, i didn't abuse the forums or anything goes i always treated this as a car forum. there's already a billion sites for flaming it sucked that dno was turned into one too.
2005 Stone White SRT-4 ACR
2002 Silver Dakota Daily Driver
LIFE'S SHORT, JUST DRIVE

ZippyR/T
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Post by ZippyR/T » Tue Aug 17, 2010 5:35 pm

You gotta be kidding me. A end to this site will personally hurt my neon experiance. I get most of my parts and there is still a chunk of people on here that race and do actually sell and buy things for their project cars.

Having a local neon site has been a very good thing for me and I would hate to see an end to this. If funding is part of the problem I would pay to support keeping it open

Red R/T 04, Custom Cold Air, Custom Short Throw. Painted calipers, Clear Corners, Catch Can

White 97 DOHC, Koni's , Mopar High Rates , MP-PCM, Solid mounts, UDP, 57.5mm TB, 22mm sways, falkiens, 16" PT Wheels

SRT_inc
Post Monster
Post Monster

Post by SRT_inc » Tue Aug 17, 2010 5:38 pm

zippy you should shanghai the site :lol:
2005 Stone White SRT-4 ACR
2002 Silver Dakota Daily Driver
LIFE'S SHORT, JUST DRIVE

SlvrACR
Broke 1000
Broke 1000

Post by SlvrACR » Tue Aug 17, 2010 5:39 pm

Why cant we just ban and use selective membership or something like that. I have met and learned alot from this site and would hate to see it go
01 Neon RT-4 2.4l Turbo

DEMON
Broke 100
Broke 100

Post by DEMON » Tue Aug 17, 2010 6:23 pm

Greg & Joe,

it was fun while it lasted. I've enjoyed my time here and found out info that I needed for both of the Neons that I've owned as well as finding some good deals in the For Sale area, as well as giving some others good deals on things that I no longer needed.

Best of luck to you two in your future endeavors.

Ray Jason

drewmatika
Broke 1000
Broke 1000

Post by drewmatika » Tue Aug 17, 2010 6:26 pm

WOW,

This website got my into neons, i got a spotted card years ago at a CEMA show with Gary, Joe, Greg and Patrick.

I would like to thank everyone for there support and information over the years.

And to the select few who ruined it well, you know what i have to say.

Drew
04 Srt Black SOLD 3/10
03 Srt Yellow SOLD 8/11
98 R/t Blue SOLD 3/09
96 DOHC 5spd Yellow Sold 5/18/08
http://www.psiautomotive.com
http://www.psimotorsports.com

Wazzy-560
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Post by Wazzy-560 » Tue Aug 17, 2010 6:40 pm

Dawm do you still have Neontuners?

If the admins want to jump ship I'll take over the domain and possibly hosting fee's if its not hosted out of someones back yard and appoint new admins/mods.
Marc #560
'Have you seen my threads?'

pocket
Broke 1000
Broke 1000

Post by pocket » Tue Aug 17, 2010 6:42 pm

wow this really sucks this is where i learned alot about neon and met a ton of good people wow this really sucks. but i am down with whay slvracr said what about like a select member type thing for the people that don't create problems. but it was fun while it lasted thanks everyone for the great years on this board
http://streetfighterautosports.freeforums.org

pocket
Broke 1000
Broke 1000

Post by pocket » Tue Aug 17, 2010 6:43 pm

PDB-560 wrote:Dawm do you still have Neontuners?

If the admins want to jump ship I'll take over the domain and possibly hosting fee's if its not hosted out of someones back yard and appoint new admins/mods.
i would also be in for helping you on that i would love to keep this forum up and running
http://streetfighterautosports.freeforums.org

sllywhtboy
Former Admin
Former Admin

Post by sllywhtboy » Tue Aug 17, 2010 6:55 pm

Greg wrote:It's been apparent for a while, most of the active member base is only desirous of creating conflict and arguments rather then furthering their vehicles development or creating a atmosphere of friendship.
Greg Anthony wrote:Too bad the actions of few have effected the masses...
drewmatika wrote:And to the select few who ruined it well, you know what i have to say.
in spite of all our encouragement to behave another way, in spite of being fair, nothing changes.

the spite is worse than ever.

if the site stays on in some other capacity, the new operators will have some challenges. i'm a fan of "invite only" where the "inviter" is held accountable when their "invitee" acts like a douchebag. it fosters some self policing.
[quote="Greg"]Heh. Good riddence.[/quote]
another non-dnowner

dawm
Administrator
Administrator

Post by dawm » Tue Aug 17, 2010 7:24 pm

PDB-560 wrote:Dawm do you still have Neontuners?

i closed neontuners.com and lent the domain to the east coast neontuners.org (who lost their domain due to a domain expiration issue), i dont mind helping out communities i like :roll:
04 Dodge Neon 2.4L - Going full SRT swap (project)
12 Subaru WRX Hatchback - Stage 1 (daily driver)
98 Neon R/T Coupe 2.4L - Going NA w/ ITBs (project)
02 Neon R/T - 08/08/08 traded for the Caliber (which was traded for the STI 03/14/11)