Turbo Dynamx MIA...need your help!

General Chit Chat and Happenings.
JeremyJ

Turbo Dynamx MIA...need your help!

Post by JeremyJ » Tue Oct 25, 2005 4:59 am

Hello. Some of you might know me from Neons.org and/or 2gn.org. I started an account here to see if you guys could be of any help to me, as well as some others.

Several people have ordered large quantities of parts from Mike Sanders at Turbo Dynamx and have recieved nothing for a matter of months. I am one of those people who have been missing parts for over a month now. He will not return e-mails or private messages and his phone and website are both down. I sent him a money order for almost a grand and now he's all but vanished. Needless to say, I'm a little bit worried now.

What I need to know is if any of you live near enough to him to stop by the shop and ask him what's going on? Maybe he could make an announcement on the various forums to explain his actions? I refuse to talk trash about a seemingly nice, trustworthy guy on a public forum--especially if I don't have all the facts. However, I am having a hard time remaining patient with someone who acts as shady as this and has a large sum of my money.

Could somebody...ANYBODY please contact him in person and find out if/when I/we will ever get our parts? I would love to do this myself, but as you can see...I live in Washington state. I can't exactly stop by. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks.

:?
2002 Neon...traded in for a 2003 Hemi Ram.

jeffford
Broke 500
Broke 500

Post by jeffford » Tue Oct 25, 2005 7:56 am

I would pm screaminDOHC...Cus they help him with his neon :wink:
www.jpcoatings.com
Roll-n 07 Nitro black !!!!!

drewmatika
Broke 1000
Broke 1000

Post by drewmatika » Tue Oct 25, 2005 11:40 am

Let me tell you one thing, he has never done me wrong so im pretty sure he will have a good reason for this. As for who to contact i dont think he has a name on this board but contact screaminDOHC. He is the closet one to mike that i know

Good luck and sorry to hear about this

Drew
04 Srt Black SOLD 3/10
03 Srt Yellow SOLD 8/11
98 R/t Blue SOLD 3/09
96 DOHC 5spd Yellow Sold 5/18/08
http://www.psiautomotive.com
http://www.psimotorsports.com

99DOHC

Post by 99DOHC » Tue Oct 25, 2005 12:33 pm

i dont know what is going on, he has 300 cash of mine for head work, but he has never done this before, so i have NO idea what is going on at all. all i know is you cant jip me 300 bucks... it doesnt work that way...
"You wash your car like it was your firstborn child.
You tend to its needs like it was your own body.
You protect it like it's your family.
Then you drive it like you stole it."

slowneon
Broke 100
Broke 100

Post by slowneon » Tue Oct 25, 2005 5:01 pm

ok...I stopped by his place today and had a nice conversation with him...he basically told me that his main problem with getting people stuff are his suppliers, mainly DRP...Diamond is taking forever to get him the pistons that he had custom ordered for people, then if you get them coated, Dart takes another week and a half...yes, he sucks at communicating, but he is still around and hoping to get people their stuff asap...I talked to him about the communication stuff, he said he will definately work on it...

I had paid for a megasquirt, and inquired about that, and he is staying true to his word about installing it with me...

All is good, just give him some time, he isn't trying to screw people over...

hot_neon
Broke 1000
Broke 1000

Post by hot_neon » Tue Oct 25, 2005 6:36 pm

nate can you post that on the neons.org dealer forums as well? there's a few threads about people waiting on stuff from him.
-- Patrick --
- Red '99 R/T Coupe: 2.4 Turbo Show Car
- Red '03 SRT4 Stg1: 2.4 Turbo Daily Driver

JeremyJ

Post by JeremyJ » Tue Oct 25, 2005 7:06 pm

slowneon wrote:All is good, just give him some time, he isn't trying to screw people over...

That's great to hear. Thanks for checking on him for me and the rest of the people needing their parts. I honestly never suspected him to be a thief, but I really hate his lack of communication. He has been very shady lately and he's also losing potential business with each passing day that he doesn't respond to people. For his own good, he needs to speak up before the lawsuits come flying at him. Feel free to fill him in on that, too.

screaminDOHC
Broke 100
Broke 100

Post by screaminDOHC » Tue Oct 25, 2005 8:39 pm

I can vouch for the fact that Diamond is NOT the fastest company as far as custom pistons are concerned....HOWERVER, their quality is unmatched.....They are fantastic parts, and definately worth the wait.....
Mike really is a stand-up guy....his communication skills could use some work, but he is a very talented engine builder.....Mine is practically bulletproof. The engine has a HARD 5000 miles on it (about 5000 miles), UNTUNED, and it runs as good today as it did last May.....

If you can't get ahold of Mike, your best bet is to contact Nate (slowneon on DNO and GrimacepartII on .org) or myself, as we are personal friends of Mikes, and close to his shop.

Good luck on your project.....
98 DOHC 2.0/T - 12.60@112mph
92 Camry 2.2L mtx - Reliable DD :-)

http://www.griptuning.com

drewmatika
Broke 1000
Broke 1000

Post by drewmatika » Wed Oct 26, 2005 2:14 am

ill have to agree for those of you waiting for pistons Diamond is not very fast. Nor do they always get the stuff done to date. But as mentioned quality is unmacthable.

Drew
04 Srt Black SOLD 3/10
03 Srt Yellow SOLD 8/11
98 R/t Blue SOLD 3/09

JeremyJ

Post by JeremyJ » Wed Oct 26, 2005 1:42 pm

For those of you using DRP's (from TurboDynamx), how long did you guys have to wait for your pistons to be made? I need an idea so I will know if I can have the engine rebuilt before I move this December/January.

Thanks again for the help, guys.

drewmatika
Broke 1000
Broke 1000

Post by drewmatika » Wed Oct 26, 2005 5:42 pm

I didnt use Turbodynomax. But i have a connection to diamond threw my work and it still took 5 weeks and like 4 days for them to call me and tell me they where ready. I live close enough to pick them up. They have alot alot of work to do all the time and they do everything right thats why there timely.

Drew
04 Srt Black SOLD 3/10
03 Srt Yellow SOLD 8/11
98 R/t Blue SOLD 3/09

2KNightRiderES
Broke 100
Broke 100

Post by 2KNightRiderES » Sun Oct 30, 2005 2:31 pm

I just think Mike is really backed up right now. Give him some time. Along with your order, I know he has his garage packed full of things. I saw him before I left for Florida, and gave him a ton of my things to work on (that was over 6 weeks ago). I know he hasn't even started on mine, and I'm not too worried about it. Thing is, he does have a problem returning phone calls/e-mails quickly(if at all); but he is an honest business-guy, and not looking to take anyone's money. Just give him some time.
jonnymopar wrote:If it's got 4 wheels and you enjoy it, it's a money pit :D

Rich tideswell wrote:Can't blame this one of John Engler, or the Chinese, or the Republicans, or President Bush, or NAFTA, CAFTA, the SHAFTA, the Cookie Monster, Big Foot... I'm sorry Madame Governor... Sasquatch...
:lol:

JeremyJ

Post by JeremyJ » Sun Nov 27, 2005 8:57 pm

Hey guys, here are some recent replies I've gotten from people on Neons.org. I did not include their names because they don't know that I'm using their words here.
No I have not received anything from Mike Sanders so far.

If you search Royal Oak Police in google, I have given my case to them. At this stage they are just trying to be curteous and asking him to send them. You might want to get intouch with them and see if they can do anything for you. I have a couple of small things left to do before it becomes any sort of criminal case. The more people who contact the ROPD the better.

Mike told the police he was going to send the parts that he had, and that Diamond Performance was the hold up because they were having problems getting the pistons finished. I find this a bit strange, but, after 5 weeks he still hasnt sent the parts that he told the PD would.

I am currently deployed to Iraq, I will help any who need help getting resolution but my resources are very limited.

Good Luck,

11-12-05 still no pistons and still have not received word back from Mike on a tracking number

____,

I wanted to give you an update on the piston's...I talked to the manufacture today and they said they are ready for pick-up. I will pick them up on Friday and try to get them shipped that evening. I truly apologize for the delay and lack of communication, but we are just experiencing what I call growing pains. Rest assured all is well with Turbo Dynamx, Inc. and we will be releasing new products and services in 2006 for all the TD, Neon and Mitsu community. If you have any other questions feel free to E-mail me at this address until our new site and e-mail is uploaded.

Thank You,

Michael J. Sanders
Turbo Dynamx, Inc.
1-248-249-5983

I received this message from him on the second and still do not have my pistons Is this really the way he does business with everyone?

Alright, friends of Mike Sanders...what the hell is going on here? I am still trying not to worry about where my money went, but this is getting ridiculous. If anyone stops by his place any time soon, I suggest telling him to send all the parts he has in his possession now and then send the pistons when he gets them. This will calm a lot of nerves and avoid lots of legal problems. I, personally, will pay him extra for shipping the parts seperately if he does this. I wish there was a way for me to tell him this, but there isn't. You guys have been good to me so far, so I figure I'll keep you all posted as well.

Thanks.

2KNightRiderES
Broke 100
Broke 100

Post by 2KNightRiderES » Tue Nov 29, 2005 11:54 pm

I PM'd him and left a voicemail on his cellphone and I've gotten no response. I'll stop by sometime this week and find out what's up. I'm sure he's just really stressed out with these pistons and things. He is currently working on my head, intake and exhaust as well; so he does have a good amount of goods that belong to me too. I do understand you all's frustration.

Have the guy in Iraq PM me if you don't mind. I'd like to speak w/him.

-Vic
jonnymopar wrote:If it's got 4 wheels and you enjoy it, it's a money pit :D

Rich tideswell wrote:Can't blame this one of John Engler, or the Chinese, or the Republicans, or President Bush, or NAFTA, CAFTA, the SHAFTA, the Cookie Monster, Big Foot... I'm sorry Madame Governor... Sasquatch...
:lol:

JeremyJ

Post by JeremyJ » Thu Dec 01, 2005 4:42 am

http://forums.neons.org/viewtopic.php?p=1786245#1786245

There ya go. You can contact the other two members of these forums from this page as well as read the extent of their efforts to contact Mike.

The latest development is that one of the guys actually called DRP and asked about the order. The lady said there are two orders (one with two sets of pistons, so three sets total) ready for pickup. She doesn't know why Mike hasn't picked them up yet, but...they are ready. It's starting to look like DRP isn't entirely the problem after all. At the same time, it's a relief to know he actually did order them.

If you do stop by, would you mind asking the status of my order as well? My name is Jeremy Johnston. I paid to have him machine the Eagle rods to fit an oversized portion of the pistons and I don't want to wait any longer than I have to.

I can't thank you guys enough for any updates or help with this.